Posted on 30 June 2022
Another busy couple of months for me in May and June. Here’s what I’ve been up to in the world of Commercial Property:
Commercial Property Work
I’ve been involved in some good transactions in the last couple of months:
- Helping a landlord client in Leicestershire complete the letting of an office space. After they were messed around by previous solicitors I completed this really quickly, and was pleased to received positive feedback from all sides involved in the transaction.
- Assisting with the share purchase of a lawn care business in the East Midlands. Feedback from my corporate colleague was great “I wanted to give a particular shout out to John McLean for his expert help on the property side of things, which could potentially have saved tens of thousands of pounds.”
- Handling the purchase of a hotly contested piece of land in Solihull at auction for one of my clients. Unregistered conveyancing – always fun!
- Dealing with the new lease of a commercial unit for one of my landlord clients.
Commercial Property Blogs
I’ve launched a couple of semi-regular blogs in the last couple of months. If you haven’t done so yet, do check them out here:
- Heads of Terms (an “A to B” Series) – this is a series around the topic of Heads of Terms – what to include, and what they mean. I have two episodes so far: What are HOT’s? | An “A to B” Series (HOT’s) – McLean Legal which gives an intro to HOT’s and Lease Heads of Terms | An “A to B” Series (HOT’s) – McLean Legal which gives an overview to HOT’s for lease transactions. I’ll be diving deeper in later articles, so if you are involved in preparing Heads of Terms (or are presented with a set and just want to know what they mean) keep a look out. Sign up to my John McLean Newsletter and you’ll never miss one!
- Father in Law – this is a series of musings from my efforts to balance life as a busy Commercial Property solicitor and a father of two young boys. Again, two episodes so far: Consultant Life | Father in Law – McLean Legal and Consultant Life | Father in Law | Time for a Change? (mcleanlegal.co.uk) . Check it out if you are interested in understanding what consulting is all about (if you are a lawyer) or want to know more about how consultancy works (if you are client) or if you are just curious to see what I’m up to.
I have been sprucing up my office in Kinver, near Stourbridge and Kidderminster, and have had a number of clients and contacts in. It really is great to have a dedicated space to meet people. Although I’m a Consultant Solicitor and can work flexibly wherever I need to, it is great to have a space to meet clients. One of my visitors must have enjoyed my coffee – here is their 5* review:
“John is a professional but approachable commercial property lawyer. His offices are modern and provide a comfortable environment to discuss matters. I’d have no hesitation to recommending his services”
Delighted to get some signage up as well, and I’m looking forward to doing some more PR on that. As previously, if you (or your clients) are looking for a solicitor ideally placed to cover the West Midlands, Worcestershire and Staffordshire (and who equally acts for clients nationally – I’m still doing lots of work in the East Midlands as above) then please do get in touch.
So, still plenty going on!
As always, if you have any queries, then do get in touch for a no-obligation, free, quotation via email@example.com or on 01384 872069 or via my Free Enquiry Form: Free Enquiry – McLean Legal – Commercial Property Solicitors . All work is carried out through Nexa Law Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the SRA.
Thanks for reading. Hope you are enjoying the Summer so far!