I have acted for Quantor Limited since approximately 2016, both at my previous firm and now.
It has been fantastic to be able to help Quantor realise its development plans for this site in Birmingham to the full. When I first viewed the client with Malcolm, the Managing Director of Quantor, it was a derelict site and an eyesore to the local community. Here it is now, on a particularly sunny day after it opened:
It is a great example of its kind and a vast improvement to the local amenity. I have been involved in the project from its conception, through some tricky middle years and right through to its full maturity now. I assisted Quantor with:
- Purchasing the site from a former business partner.
- Negotiating a long lease with Birmingham City Council for part of the site.
- Negotiating the release of former covenants with BP, a former tenant of the site.
- Negotiating a pre-let agreement with Applegreen, who ultimately then took a lease of the site.
- Navigating the development of the property, alongside Quantor’s other professional advisors, including architect and building contractor.
- Dealing with the completion of the lease to Applegreen.
- Financing the purchase via a pension scheme, financing the development via Close Brothers and finally putting in place long term commercial finance with Natwest.
It’s been a satisfying journey, and great to see the project come to fruition. Here is what my client had to say:
“My name is Malcolm Proctor and I am the managing director of a Specialist Roadside Development Company, Quantor Ltd. I have been a company director for many years and have also been a main board director of a publicly listed company.
My clients include BP, Shell, Texaco, Esso, KFC, McDonalds and Applegreen. My company specialises in finding new to industry sites for major roadside operators. Quantor then will either sell, develop or leaseback these sites to its clients. Quantor also actively assists in targeted property searches for its Roadside clients.
I needed someone who could act swiftly and positively on a time sensitive deal which involved several large parties and was a complicated and complex legal matter. I was impressed with John’s immediate grasp of the intricate matters relating to this transaction which also involved a Listed Company and a Government body.
There were many complications within the deal and thanks to John’s thoroughness and tenaciousness this large deal concluded on time and in budget. John got this deal past the post for me and there were many occasions when he contacted me or was working on this well beyond normal office hours. It was a very professional job and I am indebted to John for his help in this.”
Malcolm Proctor, Managing Director of Quantor Limited
Property – Petrol Station on Stratford Road, Birmingham
Developed Value – circa £2.15million
If you like what you see, and would like to discuss any Commercial Property query with me, please do get in touch. You can contact me as follows for a free, no obligation discussion:
- Call by ringing 01384 872069 – speak to my New Enquiry Team now
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the Contact Form on my website www.mcleanlegal.co.uk
- Live Chat now – speak with a New Enquiry Team member straight away
- Meet Me at Suite 2, 83 High Street, Kinver, Stourbridge, Staffordshire DY7 6HD – by appointment only
Lines and chat are open 24/7 and 365 days a year – contact my New Enquiry Team today!
I aim to respond to enquiries within 24 hours. Please provide brief details of what you are looking for assistance with, and your contact details (telephone number and email address are usually best, but whatever suits you). Just let me know when you contact me which is your preferred means of contact. Usually, the next step will be an initial discussion so that I can understand your query and give an appropriate quotation. Don’t worry, any initial chat is free – it is important to me to understand your business and what exactly is required, so that I can give an accurate quotation to you for any work required. I look forward to speaking with you!